What is SAP HANA: SAP HANA stands for: SAP High-Performance Analytic Appliance. SAP HANA is an in-memory database developed by SAP. It can be installed on cloud or on premises. It is a blend of both hardware and software technologies. Which integrates different components like SAP HANA Database, SAP SLT (System Landscape Transformation) Replication server, SAP HANA Direct Extractor connection and Sybase replication technology.
SAP HANA Component:
The SAP HANA platform components are following:
1. SAP HANA Database
2. SAP HANA Client
3. SAP HANA Studio
4. SAP HANA XS advanced runtime
5. SAP HANA XS Engine
6. SAP HANA Advanced Data Processing
7. SAP HANA Spatial
Some Key Features of SAP HANA:
1. Data now resides in main-memory (RAM) and no longer on a hard disk.
2. Real-Time Data Provisioning and Real time Reporting, decisions can be taken in no time.
3. It combines row-based, column-based database technology.
4. SAP HANA can be integrated with several data source as well as the Unstructured and Structured data from Non-SAP or SAP data source.
5. Gain additional protection for sensitive and confidential data with dynamic data masking.
The four components of SAP HANA:
1. SAP HANA DB- Database Technology
2. SAP HANA Appliance
3. SAP HANA Application Cloud- based infrastructure
4. SAP HANA Studio- A compilation of tools for modeling SAP applications
In SAP HANA, Database table are of two types:
1. Row Store
2. Column Store
SAP HANA Architecture: