Microsoft Power Query for Excel
In this post we will learn about Microsoft Power Query for Excel.Microsoft Power Query for Excel is an Excel add-in that enhances the self-service Business Intelligence experience in Excel by simplifying data discovery and access.The add-in can be downloaded from http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=39379.Here we will use Power Query for data modelling and structuring the data for quick analysis.
1. Requires Microsoft Office 2013 Professional Plus, Office 365 ProPlus or Excel 2013 Standalone.
2. Supported operating systems include: Windows Vista (with .Net 3.5 SP1), Windows Server 2008 (with .Net 3.5 SP1), Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows 7 or Windows 8.
1. Open Microsoft Excel > Click on Power Query Tab.
2. Now Click on From Web and Put following URL(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_population) in URL field.
3. Click on OK and this will open the Power Query editor console.
4. Click on DONE, now you you will get your data.You can change & modify to your according.