How to Configure User to Create and Manage SQL Server Agent Jobs
Hi friends, in this tutorial I will explain you How to Configure User to Create and Manage SQL Server Agent Jobs. Sometime it is required to provide a user permission only for managing SQL SERVER AGENT. To manage SQL server agent you must add a user to SQL SERVER AGENT fixed database roles in the MSDB database: SQLAgentUserRole, SQLAgentReaderRole, and SQLAgentOperatorRole.
In previous post we have explained Find Fragmentation Level by using Command Prompt SQL Server, SQL Server Interview Questions & Answers 3, SQL Server Delete Duplicate Rows and How to Connect MySQL Database in Asp.Net using C#.
To add a SQL login to SQL Server Agent fixed database role:
1. In object explorer, expand server.
2. Expand Security, and then expand Logins.
3. Right click on login which you wish to add to SQL Server Agent fixed database role, then click on properties.
4. Then go to User Mapping tab and on right side select the row containing MSDB database.
5. Under database role for MSDB, check SQLAgentUserRole, SQLAgentReaderRole, and SQLAgentOperatorRole.